Indeed, color photography is the best, here is why :
– because God did not create Man with black and white vision.
– because life is not all black, nor all white. It is mainly in between.
– because you can transform colors in B&W, but can’t do the reverse.
– because of Quentin Tarantino and Kar Wai Wong.
– because light browns work so well with orange. A grey is a grey.
– because Benetton would have gone bankrupt without colors.
– because the fifties are long gone, get over it …
– so are the forties …
– because B&W photography was never an aesthetics choice, but a technological one.
– because HCB, Capa and Frank could not afford color film.
– because any shot can look good in B&W, yet it takes skill and taste to match colors together.
Obviously, I am joking here, I am a big fan of B&W and most of my library is made of B&W street photography book. But admit it, this shot below would have never worked in B&W. ;) (click on picture to enlarge)
Leica M9 with 50mm Summicron at F2.0, 1/1500, ISO200