Indeed, color photography is the best, here is why :
- because God did not create Man with black and white vision.
- because life is not all black, nor all white. It is mainly in between.
- because you can transform colors in B&W, but can’t do the reverse.
- because of Quentin Tarantino and Kar Wai Wong.
- because light browns work so well with orange. A grey is a grey.
- because Benetton would have gone bankrupt without colors.
- because the fifties are long gone, get over it …
- so are the forties …
- because B&W photography was never an aesthetics choice, but a technological one.
- because HCB, Capa and Frank could not afford color film.
- because any shot can look good in B&W, yet it takes skill and taste to match colors together.
Obviously, I am joking here, I am a big fan of B&W and most of my library is made of B&W street photography book. But admit it, this shot below would have never worked in B&W. ;) (click on picture to enlarge)
Leica M9 with 50mm Summicron at F2.0, 1/1500, ISO200